This summer we will be going to Houston, TX to Grow in Faith, Share Jesus Christ, and Serve Others for our 2018 mission trip! We are super excited for our time together as we grow closer in community. Friends are welcome to join as well, talk with Tim about bringing a friend.
What will we be doing?
- Day of service in the Houston Community
- Day of building community with those in our area of the state
- Day of interactive learning
- All of these days are capped off with worship in NRG stadium with awesome bands and speakers.
- These are full, but fun days. You will leave the trip tired, but spiritually full!
- Leave from Des Moines around 10:00 pm on June 25 and driving through the night to Houston.
- Return to Des Moines late July 1st or Early July 2nd.
- We will be staying at an area hotel in Houston, but won’t know for sure until spring when the Gathering releases this information to us.
- Rooms will be same-gender with four to a room.
- We will have a mix of large group meals with meal costs covered by our fundraising.
- Some meals will be on your own with money that you bring. We recommend at least $75
- We anticipate a cost of $1,000-$1,100 per student for this trip.
- Families will pay a non-refundable deposit by November 30th of $150.
- We will fundraise the rest.
- If money is an issue talk with Tim, it is not a reason not to go.
We are looking forward to this trip, and hope that you will join us! If you have any questions or concerns talk with Tim Jacobsen, Minister to Youth and Young Adults at: firstname.lastname@example.org